Monday 4 July 2011

Cards for Men challenge 14 and a FREEBIE sentiment...

This time at Cards for Men we have a theme for you- 'Wild West'. So dig out your cowboy inspired images, make a card for a guy and join in!
Melissa at Meljen's Designs has some beautiful wild west images and the DT were lucky enough to be given some to make their cards with. I totally fell in love with the 'Get along little doggie' image and just had to use him for my card. I used digiscrap papers by Rainamoon Scraps called 'Stampedin'' from Stuff to Scrap. As well as using them for my DP, I paper pieced his little necker and cowboy hat using papers from the kit and printed my sentiment onto some more of the paper.

Lately I have been experimenting with making my own sentiments. They are still quite basic and I know there are far more impressive ones out there but I thought I would share the one I made for this card with you if you would like it. I thought the font looked sort of wild west- like a 'Wanted- dead or alive' sign!
Just click on the image below to enlarge it then right click and save it to your computer. Hope you can use it- I'd love to see some cards in the challenge with it!


I finished my sentiment off by matting it onto a nestie shape and adding a gold star that I thought looked rather like a sheriff's badge. I added a die cut fancy corner and some jute twine from Wilkinsons that I usually use for stringing up my peas in the garden! I learned how to do the 'looped figure of eight knot' by borrowing my son's Scouting Handbook- it gives a nice chunky but flat knot that would look even better on a smoother string.


Our sponsor, Meljen's Designs, is offering 4 digis for our lucky winner. Do visit her store and have a look at her beautiful digis- and don't blame me if you 'have to' have some! The DT have made some fantastic cards for inspiration, so make sure you pop over to Cards for Men to take a look at their work. You have until 17th July to join in with the challenge so why not give it a go?

I would also like to enter this card in the following challenges:

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Alison, love the papers and of course the super cute image. Thank you for the digi freebie xxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Alison that looks fabulous and I love that cute dog, those papers are gorgeous to as is the string embellishment. hugs Shirleyx

dj1952 said...

Alison, this is such an adorable card. I love your little "sheriff". Your paper piecing is great. Thanks for joining us here at DDSC. Hugs, dj

Teresa said...

Hi Alison, Fab card and a great image too. Thanks for sharing with us at HCTB's challenge.
Teresa xx

Debs said...

Fab male card Alison - the image is adorable!
Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

WencheP said...

The dog is just the cutest in his little cowboyhat.... You have done fabulous job with this one!

-Wenche

Anonymous said...

How cute is this!! Love the layout and image! Thanks for playing at HERE COME THE BOYS Woo & Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

Great card.Your super colouring is enhanced by the paper piecing.Fab papers they are too.Thanks for joining us at DDSC :D
Lisa x

Ali said...

Hi, just a new follower come over from cards for men - lovely card and thank you for the freebie xx Going to settle down later with a cuppa and have a good nosy at your makes they are gorgeous Ali xx

Sharon Noble said...

stunning work x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card love the papers and that fab knot just perfect...

Thanks for joining in our Free and easy theme this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Unknown said...

WOW! This is really an amazing and attractive post about cards. I appreciate your posted wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing such an interesting post. Redneck Beer Hat