Monday 6 June 2011

Cards for the Cubs and Beavers...

I haven't posted much over the last week or so, partly because we have been away to Wales to visit my folks over the half term holiday and partly because I haven't had time for other crafting because I have been busy with this little lot!
Beaver cards for boys. (The youngest group in the Scouting organisation.)
Beaver girl's cards.
Cub boy's cards.
Cub girl's cards.

Matthew's group are planning on going on an amazing trip to Switzerland in 2013, when he will be a Scout, and his group have to raise lots of funds to susidise this so I made these cards for them to sell. I used the Lily and Billy dress up sets of rubber stamps from Pink Cat Studio, which meant lots of cutting and piecing as the clothes come as separate images for you to mix and match and they are tiny! Here is one of the Beaver cards for girls in more detail:
I used papers from the Stuff to Scrap blogtrain 'Spring Picnic' for the Beavers as the colours are lovely and sunny and the blue is a perfect match for the Beaver's sweatshirts.
The Cubs have dark green sweatshirts so they were harder to find papers for but eventually I settled on these papers by Shery K Designs which are from three colour matched paper sets. I think they work because they are a lighter tone of the green and are in sort of outdoorsy woodland colours which work well for them because they are always off camping!

I hope they like them and that they help raise some money for the trip. I also hope that Melissa from Pink Cat Studio conciders my e-mail suggestion of making a digi of these images which would certainly help with any future sets if they go well!

Update: I delivered the cards to the Cub group tonight and the leaders were thrilled with them.
Melissa from Pink cat has been amazing and has sent me digis of Lily and Billy as Scouts- Thank you so much Melissa- hugs!

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:
  • Stamp Man- boys and men (the 10 boys cards!)
  • Sentimental Sunday- it has to be the extended scouts version of the Fast Food Rockers 'Fast Food song' that they sing at campfires at Bradley Woods Scout Camp with extra made up verses including the rather cheeky one about Brownies and Guides- you have to be there! It is so funny!
  • Corrosive- Summer colours (the Beavers cards)
  • Scrappy Frog- birthdays (most of these are birthday)
  • Drunken Stampers- birthdays
  • Paper crafting journey- anything goes
  • Samuel Taylors- males (the 10 boy cards!)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow Alison these cards are amazing! They will sell like hot cakes I'm sure, the trip sounds very exciting x

Michelle said...

Wow Alison, you and the troup have been so busy!! Smashin cards every one! Perfect entry for this weeks challenge at The Stamp Man. Thanks for joining in the fun
x Michelle

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Wow! What a tremendous amount of work! They are all fantastic! I'm sure the song is great and it fits the challenge perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Sprytebyrd said...

This is an amazing set, Alison! You've put a lot of work into it and it shows! Great job!
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Jules said...

Hi Alison

My, you have been mega, mega, super, hyperactive!!!!

I love each and every one of these gorgeous little makes.

You must have been seeing these little characters in your sleep.

Love Jules xx

Angela Weimer said...

Wow ! You have been busy. So many wonderful cards there i am sure they will do well. Thanks for joining us at the Stamp Man Challenge Blog and have a lovely day. Angela