Thursday 13 January 2011

A girly card for a change!...

I love making girly cards but as I have limited crafting time and more boys and men's cards to make I don't always get the chance to do it. The image is a trendy young girl by Pollycraft called 'Codi Stylin'' who has been coloured with Promarkers to match the digi scrapping papers that I downloaded from a blogtrain called 'Morning solitude' ages ago. The large flower was a real bargain from a large, cheap bunch which I bought at Wilkinsons and dismantled!
I had one of those 'AARGH' moments making this card! - I had just attached the backing paper with double sided tape when I realised that I still needed to put the brad for the flower through! I'm really fussy and could not bear having to cover the brad inside so had to flatten it on the flower then attach it with glue gel- saved!!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  • One Stop Craft- for a child (I can see this for a 9 or 10 year old girl)
  • Pollycraft- new things or those that you have had a while but not used (I got this lovely digi stamp quite a while ago but this is the first time I have used it)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Alison! I love the muted colours x

Nannieflash said...

Well done Alison, theres always a way to deal with problems. Love your card that image is so cute and your created a gorgeous card with it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Donnas Den said...

Beautiful card, Alison. The colouring is spot on and everything works well together.

Donna x

Jules said...

Hi Alison

This is so lovely.

I think your image is so cute and you have coloured it perfectly.

Beautiful papers and a gorgeous flower too (which it sounds like you have a few to go at LOL!!) .. .. I quite often choose not to push a brad through my card.

Love Jules xx

gina g said...

Fabulous card i love the colours and cute image. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Chrissie said...

She's a real sweetie!
Thanks for joining in the Card for a Child challenge at One Stop Crafts this week!
Chrissie