Wednesday 18 August 2010

Rock Chick...

This is my second card using the sketch from Sketch Saturday and it could not be more different to my first! I rotated and slightly rearranged some elements but the bits are basically the same; the other, however, was soft and natural whereas this is bright but grungy.

Still lovin' my digis- this one is called 'Whatever!' from Pollycraft and I even worked out how to paper piece it by setting up two A4 sheets on Photoshop and running it twice through my inkjet (don't do this with a laser printer). This was mainly out of necessity because of my lack of the right colour promarkers but I love the effect- although it was rather fiddly! Just had to put the pink streaks in the fringe although the shade of pink is bugging me already! I usually make felt flowers with my Sizzix originals dies but thought I would give this coloured mirri a go today. The hearts are also die cut with a Sizzlet die then I put the tiny gems on each. Allsorts have paper piecing as their challenge this week so I am entering this.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh this is gorgeous Alison.

I love your image and your papers match perfectly.

Great layout.

Love Jules xx

Sarah said...

Wow what a stunning card Alison, love the vibrant colours x

brenda said...

Hi there

A super card and beautfully corodinated.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s Did you know we have a DT call at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Lena Katrine said...

Great card with such a cool image and beautiful papers! Thanks for joining us at SS this week - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card..x

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

P.S Sorry this is late i had major computer problems yeserday.