Monday 2 August 2010

Cards for Men DT card- Challenge 16

This fortnight the challenge at Cards for Men is called 'Off on an Adventure'. Our sponsor is...

Squiggle Stamps carry a unique range of cute, quirky and whimsical stamps designed by a talented team of illustrators. Our images are available as both Rubber and Digital Stamps with new designs added regularly. We are lucky to have a wonderful Design Team and you can see all their fabulous creations and take part in monthly prize challenges on the blog at http://www.squigglestamps.blogspot.com/


The prize is a set of 5 digistamps and the DT were lucky enough to be given an image to play with- this is what I made with mine...
I didn't want to go with the classic pirate colours of black, white and red so was thrilled when I found this paper set among my digi downloads. The papers are from a set called 'Captain Christopher' which was a freebie download from RebeccaB Designs and I love the seaside colours of rich aqua and sandy beige and, of course, the skull and crossbones paper! I managed to find a pearlised beige cardstock and some blue of the right shade in my stash for matting with my nesties. The ship's wheel embellishment was in a pack of goodies that our team leader Donna sent me from her shop- Thank you hon!
I am entering this card into the Dutch Dare challenge and Paperplay as they both have 'anything goes!'. I'm also entering it for Totally Papercraft's challenge of 'At the movies' as Treasure Island (my son wanted Pirates of the Carribean but the colours and style are wrong!).

7 comments:

Sarah said...

This is such a perfect boy card, I love the papers, so well matched with the image, beautiful colours and details, love it x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Alison, love that card the image is fabulous not seen this one before. The colouring and papers are gorgeous. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sue said...

Hi Alison
aww gorgeous image, fabby colouring, lovely papers & layout, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Jules said...

Hi Alison

A brilliant card.

Love your image and that gorgeous background paper is just perfect.

I agree that it is nice to see a pirate card that doesn't feature the standard black, white and red.

Love Jules xx

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Alison :-) The image is just soo cute and the papers and ccolours you used are lovely ,,, I think Pirates of the Carribean would 'fit' too :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

having a {me} day said...

Oh how fun is this? Such a cute image and I love the colours of the papers. keeleyxx

Mandy said...

Hi Alison,
Gorgeous card...love the papers their just right for the image which is coloured beautifully...
Mandy xx