Tuesday 12 May 2009

Giants Rugby League card.

Well I said in my last post that I needed to get a few cards in Giants colours done so while I was on a roll I got straight on to it! Huddersfield is the birthplace of Rugby League and it is pretty huge around here- I have even been to a few games myself and, while I don't claim to know what was going on, I really enjoyed it!


This rugby man from Jolly Nation is great with his pint of beer! I have used a combination of watercolouring with my brushpens and using them direct to get nice strong colours like the famous Claret and Gold kit! He is cut out and attached with 3D foam onto the chalked background. I am entering this card for Cupcake Craft's 'Card for a man or boy' challenge. I am also entering it for Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which requires the use of brads or eyelets- there are 2 little brads on each sentiment strip.

12 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Fab card Alison, this is one of my fave images for those difficult men. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Brill card Alison, love the pint of beer, the perfect after match tipple lol! Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Alison, me again! Great card. Love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kruemel said...

Wonderful card for a male!
Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Liza said...

Great guy's card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Jill said...

beautiful card Alison, love the image, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Frances said...

Hi Alison,

These are great 'men' cards - simple & fuss free, very striking. Like the chalked background too. Fran x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous thanks for joining us this time at ccc hugs pops x

Ida / Little said...

Fab cards, isn't it great to be on a roll and get so much done? :) And having the giants colors is great!! :) Thanks for playing with this weeks challenge @ CCC!!

Hugs Ida

aardvarkpest said...

Great Guy cards Alison.

Glenda

having a {me} day said...

WOW! What striking looking cards! Love all those colours together. katxx

Maria Matter said...

Alison, this is fabulous!
I love your coloring and shading!!!
Blessings, Maria