Sunday 22 March 2009

My first Easter Card of 2009!

I followed the sketch at Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #60 for this card. It is a lovely simple sketch and I kept it really clean by not doing some of the extra mats- I know where trying to over complicate cards gets me!

I inked up this Personal Expressions clear stamp for the first time for this card. When I used some of the others they were a bit tricky to start with because they were quite 'sticky', even after the usual trick of giving it a wash with a bit of washing up liquid. This time I used a little Stazon Cleaner on it and rubbed it on my stamp scrubber and it stamped perfectly! I have done a couple of extra images to send to my friend.

The paper is from an old pack from Partners and I took my colours from this. I coloured the image with my favourite watercolour pencils and I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder and some scallop scissors to do the mat. I used a tiny piece of the paper for the band with the sentiment on to keep the design simple. The sentiment is from my Elzybells clear set.

0 comments: