Friday 27 March 2009

A girly birthday card.

One of my colleagues at work asked me to make a card for her daughter's birthday. I followed sketch #8 on Stamps and Smiles but extended it because she wanted an A5 card. It was a great sketch to work with and one that could look very different depending on the image/papers. The brief was 'girly' and it had to have on her name and age. I used a really useful alphabet set which, I think, is by Do-craft for this then embossed the other two panels with the Bloom Dots folder.

ABC challenge was 'G is for glitter'. The image is partially painted with sparkly watercolours. I made my own glittery brads by using a glue pen on the head then dipping them in glitter. The fibre down the fold has silver tinsel pieces in it (I say 'fibre' but this is actually from a ball of wool which I got 2 for £1 from the pound shop- bargain!).

I was making this card quite late last night because I had had a poorly son who was not at school yesterday. He is better today than yesterday but I have kept him home again because he really didn't want to eat yesterday so was still looking a bit pale and wobbly this morning. Breakfast and lunch later he is now looking much more like his usual self but better to be safe than sorry!

11 comments:

lesleyworth said...

Very pretty! Love the pink!

Unknown said...

too cute, alison! thanks for playing along with this week's sketch, and i hope to see you again next thursday!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jackie said...

Very pretty and girly :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

This is fab love the added detail at the edge, thanks for joining in the ABC fun this week.

card crafted said...

You definitely met the brief, it's very girly! Super job!! I love the glittery brads that you made yourself. Thanks for sharing the idea.

I feel for your son :( We've all had something similar this week and the last couple of days it's been my turn.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Alison! LOVE the wonderful layout and adorable image!! Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer

Diana Mancuso said...

This card is so pretty! It's unique take on the sketch. Thanks for stopping by blog and for leaving a comment.

Chrissie said...

My granddaughter is called Daisy, so I can't help but love this one!
Chrissie

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is fabulous! BR-T

Anonymous said...

awww!! I love the color!! The stamp is just tooo cute!

Cathy said...

Cute card and I love the glitter brads.
Thank you for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx